WORK WITH US
Join the Education Team
The Rep seeks an Education Coordinator to join The Rep’s Education Department for support of their year-round theatre education programs for youth and adults. The Rep’s Education Department serves up to 7,500 students each year through youth and adult classes, guest artist workshops, day and summer camps, community outreach, school residencies, and a student matinee series. To learn more about the department, visit TheRep.org/Education.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative responsibilities such as maintaining the education calendar, overseeing Annex spaces during education programs, ensuring that spaces and materials are prepared for education programs, scheduling on-site and off-site education programs, communicating with Rep staff and patrons, supporting education events and fundraisers.
- Customer service and front of house responsibilities for The Education Annex spaces during work hours and education programs.
- Preparing for The Rep’s student matinee series by communicating with teachers and administrators, developing content sheets for each production and other study materials, working front of house during student performances, and supervising and facilitating post-show tours and lunches.
- Collaborating with the Director of Education on special education projects as they arise including but not limited to, education productions and performances, residencies at school and community programs, and collaborations with community partners.
- Supporting education performances and showcases by working front of house or running the light and sound board.
- Capturing education content for email and social media.
Required qualifications include a bachelors degree in theatre, arts administration, education, or other applicable fields. Experience with theatre and children’s programs desired. Other helpful skills include teaching, stage management, light and sound board operation, marketing experience, and previous work with children.
Work hours fluctuate seasonally, but this position requires applicants to work on weeknights and occasional weekends.
This is an hourly position with the potential for overtime.
The Rep values and encourages diversity in all areas of its operations and is committed to creating a culturally diverse and equitable environment. All candidates who possess the required skills are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter, resume and references to Anna Kimmell, Director of Education at [email protected], No phone calls, please.
The Education Department is committed to employing a diverse teaching team of industry professionals and considers applicants on a rolling basis. To be considered for a future teaching position at The Rep, submit your resume to [email protected]
The Arkansas Repertory Theatre is pleased to offer season-long internships. These positions are ideal for recent college graduates who are actively pursuing a career in professional theatre. All interns receive weekly compensation plus housing, along with the invaluable experience of working in a professional theatre setting.