Arkansas Repertory Theatre exists to create a diverse body of theatrical work of the highest artistic standards. With a focus on dramatic storytelling that illuminates the human journey, The Rep entertains, engages and enriches local and regional audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
If you would like to join us please see the opportunities below for more information and who to contact.
General Casting Information
Audition listings are posted as they become available for specific productions. For an audition appointment in response to an audition posting, please contact Peter Mensky, Company Manager/Casting Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Auditions in Little Rock:
Arkansas Rep regularly holds auditions in Little Rock throughout the year. Auditions are announced here on our website as well as in local newspapers, and on our Facebook page. If you are interested in auditioning for an upcoming production, please check the auditions page regularly, and “Like” Arkansas Repertory Theatre’s page on Facebook for casting updates. Once auditions are announced, you may email to schedule an audition appointment.
New York Auditions:
Season EPAs are scheduled once a year and take place in Chicago or New York City. These EPAs are announced on www.actorsequity.org and in Backstage Magazine www.backstage.com.
Chorus calls are scheduled for each chorus musical. These calls are posted on www.actorequity.org and in Backstage Magazine, www.backstage.com.
Auditioning for a specific production:
Arkansas Rep announces our New York City auditions on www.actorsequity.org , Backstage Magazine www.backstage.com and www.actorsaccess.com. Generally, we hold auditions on a show by show basis, and these auditions are by appointment only. To obtain an audition appointment for a particular production, you may submit your picture and resume either electronically through www.actorsaccess.com or by sending your picture and resume directly to the casting department through regular mail.
Arkansas Rep is not currently accepting scripts for future productions.
Audition sides are posted as they become available for specific productions.
“The Call” - Audition Sides
A note about dialogue: other than where indicated, there should be no pauses in speech.
/ Indicates that the next character should begin speaking immediately at the point marked.
— Indicates an interruption in dialogue or thought.
Words appearing in brackets [ ] are displayed for clarity, but they are not spoken.
Side A – Annie, Peter
Side B – Drea
Side C – Annie (Callbacks Only)
Side D – Annie, Peter
Side E – Alemu
Side F – Alemu
Side G – Annie, Peter (Callbacks Only)
Side H – Drea
Ever wonder what goes on backstage at The Rep? Join the crew for one of our shows and find out! Gain professional theatre experience with a number of different jobs, and earn some money too. Contact Linda Parlier, Assistant to the Production Manager, via email. No phone calls please.
Contact: Linda Parlier
If you can sew, we want you! You can earn some extra cash, too. We are looking for talented sticthers to assist us in the construction of costumes for our shows. Contact Rafael Castanera, Production Manager.
Contact: Holly Payne
Internship positions have been filled for the 2017-18 Season.
Please check back for future Internship opportunities.
Audience Engagement Department (Part-Time)
JOB TITLE: Box Office Associate
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To act as the principle point of welcome to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre. To offer the highest levels of customer service to patrons in person, by telephone, and by email. To maximize sales for the Arkansas Repertory Theatre, and to have an extensive knowledge of Arkansas Repertory Theatre Productions.
- Daily Tasks:
- To open the Box Office at the start of a shift, to ensure there is sufficient ticket stock in the printer and that the computer and printer are all working
- To ensure the Box Office is tidy and well-presented throughout the day. To ensure the leaflets, playtexts and other relevant Arkansas Repertory Theatre print are on display at the Box Office.
- To listen to phone messages and to call back customers throughout the day.
- To answer the Box Office phone within three rings, unless serving a customer in person.
- To batch print tickets before the performance. To distribute pre-paid and complimentary tickets to customers.
- To actively sell tickets and merchandise pre-show.
- In the absence of the Box Office Manager, to release house seats on the day line with Arkansas Repertory Policy
- To support Front of House Staff with performance incoming, especially when the house is open.
- Sales and Promotions:
- To actively promote Arkansas Repertory Theatre
- To actively promote offers (including season subscriptions), to up-sell and cross-sell Arkansas Repertory Theatre shows.
- To have a broad knowledge of Arkansas Repertory Theatre productions, past and present
- To be the principle point of welcome to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To act as reception for the building and to alert relevant staff promptly of any visitors arriving to the building.
- To uphold the highest standard of customer service.
- To take delivery of postage and deliveries; and to distribute to relevant members of staff.
- To act always in the best interest of the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To act at all times in accordance with Arkansas Repertory Box Office policies and protocols.
- To be welcoming and provide excellent customer care to all visitors to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To be knowledgeable of all Arkansas Repertory products.
- To attend a preview/dress rehearsal for each production at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To actively keep up to date with the artistic programming.
- To actively implement environmental policies and practices for the department.
- To adhere to Arkansas Repertory Theatre policies, including Equalities (including diversity, access, equal opportunities) and Environmental policies.
- To actively adhere to and implement the Arkansas Repertory Theatre Health and Safety policy.
- To maximize income and minimize expenditure wherever possible without jeopardizing the quality of the work or the reputation of the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be able to work daytimes, evenings and weekends.
- Keen interest in the arts and in particular work of the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- A proven efficient self-starter who enjoys being a team member.
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- A calm and efficient manner.
- Strong IT skills, in particular using Microsoft Office applications.
- Commitment to high levels of customer service, with experience of dealing with customers both in person and on the telephone.
- Proven ability in cash handling.
- Experience of working in an arts venue.
- Experience of computerized ticketing systems in particular Theatre Manager.
Schedules are created on a production by production basis and you will be asked to let us know your availability in advance for each production. Shifts will be allocated to each staff member based on this availability.
This is a part-time hourly position, $8.50/hour.
Contact: Allyson Gattin
Arkansas Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. www.therep.org.