Arkansas Repertory Theatre exists to create a diverse body of theatrical work of the highest artistic standards. With a focus on dramatic storytelling that illuminates the human journey, The Rep entertains, engages and enriches local and regional audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
If you would like to join us please see the opportunities below for more information and who to contact.
General Casting Information
Audition listings are posted as they become available for specific productions. For an audition appointment in response to an audition posting, please contact Peter Mensky, Company Manager/Casting Associate, at email@example.com.
Local Auditions in Little Rock:
Arkansas Rep regularly holds auditions in Little Rock throughout the year. Auditions are announced here on our website as well as in local newspapers, and on our Facebook page. If you are interested in auditioning for an upcoming production, please check the auditions page regularly, and “Like” Arkansas Repertory Theatre’s page on Facebook for casting updates. Once auditions are announced, you may email to schedule an audition appointment.
God of Carnage– Local Casting Notice
Arkansas Repertory Theatre announces auditions the evening of March 19 for its upcoming production of Yasmina Reza’s, “God of Carnage,” translated by Christopher Hampton, and directed by Cliff Baker. Rehearsals begin May 15, opening is June 8 and closing is June 24 with a possible extension to July 1, 2018. All roles paid.
Seeking union actors for the following roles:
Veronica – Female, early 40’s. Wife of Michael and mother of Henry. A cultural anthropologist and author who strives early on to keep peace and harmony. She ultimately loses her cool, and her façade of civility unravels.
Michael – Male, early 40’s. Husband of Veronica and father of Henry. Congenial and welcoming at first, he jokes and bonds with his guests. Later he reveals himself as an uncouth xenophobe who dismisses modern parenting practices.
Annette – Female, early 40’s. Wife of Alan and mother of Benjamin. The pressures of motherhood and lack of attention from her husband have eroded her self-confidence to a point that she is constantly on the verge of a panic attack.
Alan – Male, early 40’s. Husband of Annette and father of Benjamin. A lawyer who is constantly interrupting the evening by taking business calls on his cell phone. He believes his son is a savage and beyond repair, women’s capabilities are limited, and every human will always choose their own self-interest over the needs of others.
Auditions will be held by appointment only at Arkansas Repertory Theatre’s Education Annex on the evening of March 19. Actors will be required to bring a headshot and resume and read scenes from the play, which will be provided in advance of the audition. To set up an audition appointment, please email Peter Mensky, Company Manager/Resident Casting Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘God of Carnage Local Request’ as the subject line of the email.
Arkansas Repertory Theatre (The Rep) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. The Rep is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Rep are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law. The Rep will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
New York Auditions:
Season EPAs are scheduled once a year and take place in Chicago or New York City. These EPAs are announced on www.actorsequity.org and in Backstage Magazine www.backstage.com.
Chorus calls are scheduled for each chorus musical. These calls are posted on www.actorequity.org and in Backstage Magazine, www.backstage.com.
Auditioning for a specific production:
Arkansas Rep announces our New York City auditions on www.actorsequity.org , Backstage Magazine www.backstage.com and www.actorsaccess.com. Generally, we hold auditions on a show by show basis, and these auditions are by appointment only. To obtain an audition appointment for a particular production, you may submit your picture and resume either electronically through www.actorsaccess.com or by sending your picture and resume directly to the casting department through regular mail.
Arkansas Rep is not currently accepting scripts for future productions.
Ever wonder what goes on backstage at The Rep? Join the crew for one of our shows and find out! Gain professional theatre experience with a number of different jobs, and earn some money too. Contact Linda Parlier, Assistant to the Production Manager, via email. No phone calls please.
Contact: Linda Parlier
If you can sew, we want you! You can earn some extra cash, too. We are looking for talented sticthers to assist us in the construction of costumes for our shows. Contact Rafael Castanera, Production Manager.
Contact: Holly Payne
The Arkansas Repertory Theatre is pleased to offer internships for its upcoming 2018-2019 season. Our internships are ideal for college graduates who are actively pursuing a career in professional theatre. All interns receive weekly compensation plus housing, along with the invaluable experience of working in a professional theatre setting.
Those interested in applying should send a cover letter, resume, provide three professional references, and (when applicable) samples of work in electronic form. Please apply by emailing all aforementioned information to email@example.com. Please place desired position in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Any individuals being considered for a position will be contacted by management. No phone calls, please. Available positions are:
Electrics Intern (1)
Start Date- July 09, 2018
End Date- June 24th, 2019
Our Lighting Department is seeking an individual to assist with the instrument hang and focus for all productions, as well as constructing and wiring practicals. Applicants should have extensive experience with conventional and intelligent lighting fixture repair, DMX troubleshooting, and a working knowledge of basic wiring practices. Applicants should also have a working knowledge of electrical, rigging, and power tool safety practices. Extensive knowledge of theatrical lighting terminology is a must. A thorough knowledge of the EOS family of consoles is desired. This intern also serves as run crew for all productions as either the console or followspot operator.
Production Assistant Intern (2) Eligible for EMC points on qualifying productions
Production Assistant 1: Start Date- July 30, 2018
End Date- April 29, 2019
Production Assistant 2: Start Date- September 24, 2018
End Date- June 24, 2019
Our Production Department is seeking two individuals to assist the Production Stage Manager with all rehearsals and performances. Applicants should have experience in the area stage management, a knowledge of theatrical rehearsal processes, exceptional attention to detail, excellent paperwork and communication skills, prior run crew experience, an ability to take and carry out detailed instruction, and a strong knowledge of theatrical terminology. Other duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with the set up/ break down of all rehearsal areas, creating and maintaining production paperwork, assisting with the general upkeep of all performance and rehearsal spaces, as well as assisting with the hospitality and care of our cast members. Samples of self-created, Stage Management paperwork should be included with the application.
*All Interns are assigned other duties that include, but aren’t limited to, running crew positions and assisting in all strikes. Some duties will require the ability to lift up to 50lbs.*
The Arkansas Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Box Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To act as the principle point of welcome to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre. To offer the highest levels of customer service to patrons in person, by telephone, and by email. To maximize sales for the Arkansas Repertory Theatre, and to have an extensive knowledge of Arkansas Repertory Theatre Productions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Daily Tasks:
- To open the Box Office at the start of a shift, to ensure there is sufficient ticket stock in the printer and that the computer and printer are all working
- To ensure the Box Office is tidy and well-presented throughout the day. To ensure the leaflets, playtexts and other relevant Arkansas Repertory Theatre print are on display at the Box Office.
- To listen to phone messages and to call back customers throughout the day.
- To answer the Box Office phone within three rings, unless serving a customer in person.
- To batch print tickets before the performance. To distribute pre-paid and complimentary tickets to customers.
- To actively sell tickets and merchandise pre-show.
- In the absence of the Box Office Supervisor, to release house seats on the day line with Arkansas Repertory Policy
- To support House Manager and Front of House Staff with performance incoming, especially when the house is open.
- Sales and Promotions:
- To actively promote Arkansas Repertory Theatre
- To actively promote offers (including season subscriptions), to up-sell and cross-sell Arkansas Repertory Theatre shows.
- To have a broad knowledge of Arkansas Repertory Theatre productions, past and present
- To be the principle point of welcome to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre. To act as reception for the building and to alert relevant staff promptly of any visitors arriving to the building.
- To uphold the highest standard of customer service.
- To take delivery of postage and deliveries; and to distribute to relevant members of staff.
- To act always in the best interest of The Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To act at all times in accordance with Arkansas Repertory box office policies and protocols
- To be welcoming and provide excellent customer care to all visitors to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To be knowledgeable of all Arkansas Repertory products.
- To attend a preview/dress rehearsal for each production at the Arkansas Repertory
- To actively keep up to date with the artistic program.
- To actively implement environmental policies and practices for the department.
- To adhere to Arkansas Repertory Theatre policies, including Equalities (including diversity, access, equal opportunities) and Environmental policies.
- To actively adhere to and implement the Arkansas Repertory Health and Safety policy
- To maximize income and minimize expenditure wherever possible without jeopardizing the quality of the work or the reputation of the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- To liaise with Events Manager and House Manager where necessary with external hires and events.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Keen interest in the arts and in particular work of the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- A proven efficient self-starter who enjoys being a team member.
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- A calm and efficient manner.
- Strong IT skills, in particular using Microsoft Office applications.
- Commitment to high levels of customer service, with experience of dealing with customers both in person and on the telephone.
- Proven ability in cash handling.
- Experience of working in an arts venue
- Experience of computerized ticketing systems in particular Theatre Manager.
Schedules are created on a production by production basis and you will be asked to let us know your availability in advance for each production. Shifts will be allocated to each staff member based on this availability.
Must be able to work daytimes, evenings and weekends
Salary: $8.50 per hour
Contact: Zachary Rhodes
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please include resume.
JOB TITLE: House/Bar Managers
REPORTS TO: Audience Services Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Rep employees a team of part-time employees who are cross-trained in the duties of both Bar and House Manager. While individuals will only assume one duty on the day they work, both positions oversee all public areas of the theatre, ensuring the experience of each patron is enjoyable and safe.
JOB DUTIES: HOUSE MANAGER
Supervise all performances
- Volunteer Ushers
- Supervise all volunteer ushers needed for each performance
- Conduct a pre-show briefing with all ushers to go over their individual job duties and to charge them with being ambassadors of The Rep and with providing our patrons with the best customer service experience.
- Ensure all public areas are tidy for audience arrival
- Prepare the downstairs concessions bar
- Ensure handicapped seating is prepared if needed
- Coordinate with the Box Office and Stage Management on the running of the show – each night’s needs may be different and problems may arise. Quick thinking, communication, and flexibility are important
- Resolve ticketing or seating issues as they arise
- Manage late seating
- Conduct a head count and stub count
- Prep for intermission.
- Restocking anything that concessions may need, baking cookies, preparing preorders, etc.
- Supervise a timely intermission
- Strike the concessions bar
- Reset any banks used and total the concessions profits
- Be in the house at the end of the performance to supervise the audience’s exit and clear the house of all audience members to allow the crew to come out and begin their post-show work
- Clean the house with the ushers
- Restock concessions for the following day’s performance
- Prepare the nightly House Report
- Before leaving the building, make sure building is locked and all lights are turned off
- If there are special events post-show, such as the Opening Night reception & cast party, or an After Party, assist the Bar Manager with bartending and the following and restock.
- On two-show days, tidy and restock the restrooms between shows
- In the event of emergencies (fire alarms, severe weather, medical emergencies), the House Manager’s responsibility is the audience. Follow emergency procedures and communicate with the appropriate parties
- Act as the primary bar tender in Foster’s
- Arrive at least 2 hours prior to curtain to set up concessions in Foster’s and prep hot beverages for both concession areas.
- In conjunction with the House Manager, prep concession preorders for intermission.
- Clean and re-stock after the performance.
- If Foster’s has been reserved for a private event pre-show, coordinate with Special Events Manager
- Bartend for Opening Night Cast Party and After Parties.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to be on feet for long hours
- Able to go up and down stairs
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Good communication skills
- Can manage large groups of people
- Previous experience in theatre preferred but not required
This is a part-time hourly position, $10/hour.
Contact: Allyson Gattin
JOB TITLE: Concession Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: House Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Concession Sales Associate sells prepared food and beverage items to patrons of The Rep. They also maintain the cleanliness of the concession area and work quickly as most cession sales occur 15-30 minutes prior to show time.
- Ensure guests receive service that is friendly, helpful and fast
- Complete concession purchase transitions by:
- Greeting guests
- Assembling food orders
- Operating point-of-sale terminals
- Completing a credit card transaction or collecting cash and making accurate change
- Maintain cleanliness of entire concession stand including cooking equipment, counters, shelves, display areas, and stock
- Ensuring the security of all bank boxes
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns
- Assist with other functions as instructed by the House Manager
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
- Be able to stand, walk, lift, twist and bend on a frequent basis
- Be capable to communicate and work effectively with guests in a high-volume setting
- Have good verbal communication skills as well as math and cash-handling skills
- Be comfortable communications and cooperating with guests, supervisors, peers, volunteers
- Be able to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and special events
This is a part-time hourly position, $9/hour.
Contact: Allyson Gattin
Arkansas Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. www.therep.org.