Reports to: Audience Services Manager
Description: The Box Office staff is the primary point of contact for the Arkansas Repertory Theatre patrons. Box Office Associates should be comfortable communicating with the public in person, over the phone, and by email, providing friendly and efficient customer service. Box Office Associates should be proficient with Microsoft Office programs and a quick study of other specialized software.
This position will provide the opportunity to gain theatre administration experience. Skills such as patron relationship management, production scheduling, and ticket processing can be acquired through this position. Additional general office capabilities will be acquired and advanced, including database management, digital file management, and professional communication skills.
– Answering calls as within two rings as possible
– Process ticket and subscription package sales over the phone
– Direct calls to other departments
– Process ticket and subscription package sales in person to walk-in customers
– Receive and distribute mail and packages
– Direct guests, board members, visiting artists, and others who come into the building
– Use the ticketing software and patron database (Spektrix) to process sales
– Keep patron records accurate and up to date with spelling, contact information, and household members
– Create lists of specific patrons as needed
– Assist with special projects, i.e. database cleanup, file organization (digital and physical), research projects
– Assist Audience Services Manager to keep the box office organized and stocked
– Answer patron questions about The Rep including production history, future productions, and general questions about attending a show at the theatre
– Become knowledgeable about current productions to provide information to patrons
– Become knowledgeable about The Rep’s ticketing structure: prices, subscription levels, discount options, membership opportunities
– Be an ambassador for The Rep and the performing arts
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The work schedule will be determined on a production-by-production basis. Required shifts are during performances on nights and weekends. Additional daytime shifts are occasionally available.