PROFESSIONAL, AFFORDABLE & SUSTAINABLE
Ruth Shepherd Reports on Reimagining The Rep
We are making progress to #SaveTheRep!
Since we made the announcement on April 24, that we were suspending operations, several great things have happened.
- Within just the first few weeks since the news broke, we have received more than 550 gifts totaling almost $220,000. Remember, every dollar given right now is being matched by the Windgate Charitable Foundation, and monthly and multi-year pledges make it possible to be even more generous with your giving. Make a donation today.
- The Rep Board has appointed a volunteer Interim Leadership Team consisting of Rep founder Cliff Baker and Rep board members Bill Rector and Ruth Shepherd.
- We have formed an “Our Next Act” Steering Committee of board and community leaders who will examine every facet of Rep operations and make recommendations to The Rep Board for action. Our aim is to have a plan by mid-August about how we reopen The Rep after this brief intermission.
- We are in the process of selling the Peachtree Apartments which will reduce our property debt by nearly half.
- We are planning community listening sessions to get your best thinking and ideas. Check back on our web site to learn how you can participate.
- Our education programs will continue throughout the summer with programming for rising K-12 students. We still have a few slots left, so check therep.org/education for class information.
Thanks to everyone who has made a gift and reached out to us. Your support has made a difference.
But the work is far from over. We still need your help, ideas and donations.
Make your donation today at www.therep.org, and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
If you have any questions, give me a call at 501-378-0445, ext. 125.